At each of our facilities, we strive to make the admission process as smooth as possible. Residents can be admitted to any of our facilities 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Here is what you need to know about our Admission process.
Prior to Admission
- Be sure your loved one has a physician who will visit him or her at the facility as required. If your loved one does not have a physician the Admissions Director will assist you in obtaining a physician who will oversee your loved one at our facility. The resident’s medical history and physical condition are needed from the physician before admission. If the resident is coming from the hospital, with your permission, our Admissions Director can obtain this information from the case manager.
- Contact the admissions department to schedule a time to complete the paperwork and review any special resident needs.
Information Needed for Admission Day
- Resident’s full name.
- Resident’s birth date and place of birth.
- Name, address, and telephone number for the following: the responsible party, the emergency contact person, the resident’s pharmacy, and a mortuary.
- Copies of advance directives, health care proxies, living wills, or durable powers of attorney.
- Resident’s Medicare card, Medicaid Card, Social Security card, and all insurance cards.
- Provide a covered container if you wish to wash your family member’s laundry. Soiled laundry should be picked up at least three to five times a week. If your family member is incontinent it should be picked up daily to maintain odor control.
- Check the facility’s guidelines before bringing furniture, pictures, food, or electrical items. The maintenance department must check all electrical appliances and televisions prior to use.
- A one-month advance payment is required at the time of admission for private-pay services.
- A one-month advance payment is required at the time of transition, which occurs when a resident stays beyond the days covered by Medicare and then becomes a private-pay resident.
- When a resident leaves our facility, any remaining balance will be returned after all final charges have been cleared through the business office.